General. By participating in the Chicago White Sox Charities Queen of Hearts Raffle ("Raffle"), entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Chicago White Sox Charities ("CWSC"), which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited.
Progressive Jackpot. The "Progressive Jackpot" shall be total proceeds from raffle tickets ("Raffle Tickets") sold, less reasonable expenses incurred by CWSC for the operation of the Raffle. In the event an insufficient amount is deducted to cover CWSC's expenses, CWSC shall absorb such expenses.
Raffle Period. . The Raffle begins January 6, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT") and lasts until the Queen of Hearts card is randomly selected, but no later than 3:00 p.m. CT Friday, January 14, 2022 ("Raffle Period"); the Raffle continues weekly, possibly up to 52 weeks. Raffle Ticket sales for subsequent raffles, if any, begin at 4:00 p.m. CT following the prior week’s "Weekly Drawing". Raffle Ticket sales for each Weekly Drawing will conclude at or around 3:00 p.m. CT on each Friday during the Raffle Period. Entries in a Weekly Drawing will not carry over into subsequent Weekly Drawings, if any.
CWSC Proceeds. Fifty percent (50%) of the net total of the Progressive Jackpot will benefit CWSC, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and the programs CWSC supports. These programs aim to improve youth education programs, health and wellness initiatives, programs serving children and families in crisis and cancer research and treatment programs, with a primary focus on programs in Illinois.
- Eligibility. The Raffle is open to all persons age eighteen (18) and older and is subject to these Official Rules. The following persons are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate in the Raffle or to win any Prize: employees and the immediate relatives of such employees of CWSC, Chicago White Sox, Ltd., CWS Maintenance Company, the other MLB Entities (defined below), At Your Service, AscendFS Delaware, Inc. Internet sales of Raffle Tickets are open ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ILLINOIS. This Raffle is VOID OUTSIDE ILLINOIS AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED BY LAW; winner will be required to provide CWSC with a valid Illinois billing address.
- Purchasing Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Tickets may be purchased as follows: three (3) Raffle Tickets for $5.00; ten (10) Raffle Tickets for $10.00; sixty (60) Raffle Tickets for $20.00; or two hundred (200) Raffle Tickets for $50.00. From time to time, CWSC may elect to offer promotions where a larger quantity of Raffle Tickets will be made available as part of a purchase (e.g., one hundred (100) Raffle Tickets for $20.00). There are no discounts or complimentary Raffle Tickets. Participants choose one numbered envelope at the time of purchase. Each envelope corresponds to a single hidden playing card from a standard 52-card deck. It is not possible to select multiple envelope numbers within a single Raffle Ticket order, no matter how many Raffle Tickets are purchased. The initial number of envelopes available for selection is 52, and the number of envelopes available for selection will decline by one each week if the envelope selected by the Weekly Drawing winner reveals a playing card other than the Queen of Hearts. Raffle Tickets will be sold online every day during the Raffle Period until the virtual Queen of Hearts card has been chosen. Tickets will be valid for each Weekly Drawing and will be removed before the following Weekly Drawing commences. Raffle Tickets will be sold as follows:
METHOD OF PURCHASE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. There is no limit to the number of Raffle Tickets an individual may purchase. Each entrant will receive a receipt corresponding to his/her purchased Raffle Ticket(s). Entries which are or appear to be tampered with are void. CWSC shall be the sole judge of the validity and eligibility of all entries. All Raffle Ticket purchases shall be final, and no refunds or replacements will be issued by CWSC. Raffle Tickets are valid for the drawing held during the Raffle Period.
- Raffle Tickets are Not Tax Deductible. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
- Prize. If the playing card revealed is the Queen of Hearts, the person holding the corresponding winning Raffle Ticket number will receive a prize equal to fifty percent (50%) the net total of the Progressive Jackpot. If the playing card revealed is a card other than the Queen of Hearts, the person holding the winning Raffle Ticket number receives the advertised piece of White Sox memorabilia at whitesox.com/queenofhearts for that Weekly Drawing. The Raffle Tickets for each Prize will be publicly posted each week on whitesox.com/queenofhearts.
- Taxes. Each winner shall be responsible for any and all travel, costs, federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with a prize. At the time of this printing, federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from winners upon award and distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time each prize is claimed will be followed. A shared prize claim by multiple persons shall not reduce any applicable withholding on the total amount awarded.
- Selection of Winner. Every Friday, one (1) Raffle Ticket will be drawn every week by CWSC to determine the winner of the Prize. The number of the winning Raffle Ticket will be (i) listed on www.whitesox.com/queenofhearts,www.facebook.com/whitesoxcharities/ and at https://twitter.com/soxcharitie.
- Prize Claim. Within thirty (30) days of the applicable Weekly Drawing, the prize claimant must notify CWSC by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (312-674-5275) and present the winning PDF Raffle Ticket and proof of identity to CWSC to claim a prize. A Raffle Ticket may be shared by multiple prize claimants; provided, however, that in the event of a dispute, the direct purchaser of the Raffle Ticket will be presumed to be the sole winner. Each prize claimant must provide CWSC with all information required to claim a prize (including tax identification information). The prize claimant will receive an Affidavit, Prize Claim, and Release ("Release") which must be executed and postmarked to CWSC no later than five (5) business days after his/her receipt of the Release. In the event a claimant: (a) does not notify CWSC within thirty (30) days of the applicable Weekly Drawing; (b) is ruled ineligible for any reason; (c) refuses the prize; or (d) does not return an executed Release, the prize will be forfeited and will be retained by CWSC for charitable use. CWSC has no obligation to contact potential winners. All prizes will be sent to the winners via check within thirty (30) days of CWSC’s receipt of the winning Raffle Ticket, executed Release, and all other required documents to CWSC. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the winners.
- Odds. The odds of winning the Raffle depend on the number of Raffle Tickets purchased for the applicable Weekly Drawing.
- Transfer of Raffle Tickets or Prize. Persons who purchase Raffle Tickets may opt to give away their Raffle Tickets to other eligible persons, but in doing so the purchaser waives any claim he/she might otherwise have to the prize. Purchasers of Raffle Tickets may not re-sell their Raffle Tickets to other parties, and may not knowingly give Raffle Tickets away to others for the purpose of allowing those other parties to re-sell such Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Tickets which have been resold in violation of these Official Rules shall be void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive Raffle Tickets in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win a prize. A winner may transfer his/her prize to a third party provided that the following conditions are met: (a) the transferee would have otherwise been eligible to enter the Raffle pursuant to these Official Rules; (b) the transferee shall be responsible for all taxes and costs described in these Official Rules; and (c) the transferee shall be bound by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules that are applicable to the winner.
- Judges. The Raffle will be conducted and supervised by CWSC, whose decisions are final. CWSC reserves the right to modify these Official Rules at any time. CWSC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Raffle should unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle.
- Release of Liability. By entering into the Raffle, all entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules; and (b) release CWSC, the Chicago White Sox, Ltd., the other MLB Entities, CWS Maintenance Company, At Your Service, AscendFS Delaware, Inc. and their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliates, together with their owners, partners, employees, officers, directors, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Raffle, or from any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any prize. The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P., the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities.
- Publicity Release. Each winner, by accepting a prize, grants CWSC and its designees and affiliates, including the Chicago White Sox, full permission, except where legally prohibited, to use such winner's name, address (city and state only), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation and without notice, review or approval, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity. Each winner shall execute all documents that CWSC may require to be signed in connection with this release.
- General Conditions. Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions or e-mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, app, or other connections including those through and/or by any website or app, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; wireless service congestion; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, wireless towers or cellular tower equipment; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed e-mail notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Raffle-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, wireless service, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Raffle, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Raffle, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Raffle-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or wireless device related to or resulting from participating in the Raffle or downloading materials from or use of the Website or App. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Raffle, Website, or App, or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or any representative of CWSC or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by CWSC, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of the Raffle is unlawful and subject to legal action by CWSC or its agents. CWSC shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Raffle, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof); and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. CWSC’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
CWSC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Raffle (or any portion thereof) for any reason including in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, CWSC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to elect to identify a Winner and award the prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, Raffle Tickets received up to the time of such cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APP ASSOCIATED WITH THE RAFFLE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CWSC WILL DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT, AND CWSC, THE OTHER MLB ENTITIES AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Winners List. A Winners List is available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked from January 1, 2022 through January 30, 2022, to: Chicago White Sox Charities, ATTN: Queen of Hearts, 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60616.
- Governing Law. The Raffle and these Official Rules shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision of these Official Rules, or their application to a particular persons or circumstances, is invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then the remainder of these Official Rules shall remain enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The venue for any cause of action arising out of the Raffle or these Official Rules shall be located in Cook County, Illinois.
GOOD LUCK in this week's draw and THANK YOU for supporting Chicago White Sox Charities.